Jackie's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Aug 02, 10

bookshelves: 2009, i-own-it, 2010
Read in August, 2010, read count: 2

Read this a second time in anticipation of Mockingjay's release in about 3 weeks. Despite knowing what will happen, there's still that sense of thrill and excitement that remains fresh because Collins really captures conflict and dilemma so well. Given her track record with this series, as well as the Gregor series, I have no doubt that Mockingjay will be exciting, emotional, and a fantastic read. I can't wait.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Miss Leacock I read the review of this in TIME and want to read it! We just had a book fair at school, and I talked up The Hunger Games so much (which I haven't read yet), they sold out and one of my kids actually bought it for me, so I'll be reading it this weekend, yea!!

Nicole Rea I reeeally want to read this! I've heard such good things, and am intrigued by this whole "Mockingjay" concept, even though I have no idea what that means.

Jackie Nicole wrote: "I reeeally want to read this! I've heard such good things, and am intrigued by this whole "Mockingjay" concept, even though I have no idea what that means."
I can't wait to find out what you think of it...it's such a good story. I'm not spoiling anything for you by saying that the Mockingjay in the story is symbol of rebellion. Who doesn't love a story with a little rebellion?? Okay, in this case, a lot.