Sanum's Reviews > The Stories of Eva Luna

The Stories of Eva Luna by Isabel Allende

Jun 15, 09

Read in June, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I love how the stories in this book have so much local color and imagery. It's a book that starts out confusing but once you read a few pages of a short story you just cant stop! I loved this book. It shows passion and how far someone can go to get it, and if they can't get it, it haunts them for life.

I loved this book so much, it is full of great short stories, and thought I am not a fan of short stories, I actually loved this book, i just couldn't stop reading it. My least favorite story was the first story because I was confused about the book and I thought it was really boring.

My favorite story was "Clarisa", because it was full of so much irony. It reminded me of "The Kite Runner", by Khaled Hosseini. This is because that book was also full of irony. The difference was in the Kite Runner, in the end you found out about who Amir's brother is, and in the short story Clarisa, we find out in the end that her baby's that were normal came from another father. It was so unexpected in both stories, and it left me thinking so much. I wish there would be a sequel to "Clarisa", but she died in the end, so it was a bad ending, but it was also good in a way because she confessed her "sins", that she did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stories of Eva Luna.

06/01/2009 page 104