Atul Sabnis's Reviews > The Importance Of Possibili..

The Importance Of Possibili.. by Edward de Bono

252024
May 18, 09

bookshelves: all-i-own, life, philosophy, psychology
Read in May, 2009, read count: 1

Though I have not yet finished reading The Black Swan, I was reminded of it in the first couple of pages of The Importance of Possibili.

Edward de Bono is truly a thinker for these desperate times. We seem to fail to notice the cookie cutter world that we have created and live in. Denial is the natural response to possibility - more so because there is comfort and knowledge in that which we know.

The book itself is presented, almost as a book for children. To present such a powerful thought in such a simple way is probably the genius that Edward de Bono is. The presentation appeals to the child in you. There is eagerness to absorb and complete absence to question. The cynic's questions may come later, but while reading there is complete surrender.

Progress, growth, imagination and belief, are the few themes that salsa in your mind after you put down this very small book. A very goodread after a long time.

Richard Bach said, "Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them." deBono has picked up this thought and applied structure to it: How not to walk away.

There is a possibili that you may think of your life differently after you read this book. It's possible.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Importance Of Possibili...