LJ's Reviews > A Christmas Visitor

Read in November, 2004

A CHRISTMAS VISITOR (Historic Mystery-England-1850’s) - VG
Anne Perry – Standalone
Ballantine Books, 2004- Hardcover
Harry Rathbone is off to spend Christmas with his newly widowed goddaughter, Antonia Dreghorn, and her family. But when he finds her husband’s death may not have been accidental, he decides to find out the truth.
*** This is the second year Ms. Perry has taken one of the secondary characters from her main series and given them their own Christmas mystery novella, which is wonderful. It’s a tradition I hope she continues. There is no one who creates a sense of time and place, as does she. The story contains a message of the true spirit of Christmas, wrapped in a very good mystery. If you’re either a Perry fan or one who loves period mystery, I highly recommend it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Christmas Visitor.

message 1: by Anna (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Anna I really like your reviews. What other authors do you like?

message 2: by LJ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LJ Thank you! How nice of you. I am a mystery lover--police procedurals, PIs, traditional mysteries, historicals, I read them all. I read so many authors, it's hard to single them out. C.J. Box, Craig Johnson, Dana Stabenow, Robert Crais, Barbara Cleverly, Dick Francis, Christopher Fowler, Robert Parker, Tess Gerritsen, Tami Hoag, Ian Rankin, Zoe Sharp, Louise Penny, Anne Perry, of course... the list goes on and on.