Neha's Reviews > The Menagerie and Other Byomkesh Bakshi Mysteries

The Menagerie and Other Byomkesh Bakshi Mysteries by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay

Aug 30, 09

bookshelves: read-in-2009, own, translations, short-story, crime-mystery
Read in August, 2009

Reading a well written book with lot of thought & homework put into it gives a pleasure of the time well spent and gives you a feeling of great satisfaction. This is what I felt when I read it. I am not particularly fond of mysteries or detective stories but sometimes these mysteries are like stories with a missing link which gets connected only in the end. But otherwise they are like any other normal fiction with ofcourse murder, criminals & planning thrown in.

I watched Byomkesh Bakshi on Dorrdarshan as a kid and like all children of that age I fell in love with teh character and never missed a play. since then I had been enamoured with the character and his simple but yet enamouring approach. Moreover 'Rajit Kapoor' brought this character to such life that I could actually imagine im as a living person and when I was reading this novel I actually imagined Rajit kapoor as the face. Please if you have loved Byomkesh serial then you must & must read this book. and Infact I am looking forward ro the 'Picture Perfect & other stories'.

I dont think I connect with Calcutta as much and neither I have great fondness for Bengali people. But the authors & characters do give me an artistic bent towards such a literary city.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Menagerie and Other Byomkesh Bakshi Mysteries.

08/27/2009 page 100