Adil's Reviews > The Autobiography of Malcolm X

The autobiography of Malcom X
Malcom X
Ballantine Publishing Group
466pgs

The autobiography is epic, extroadinary, gratifying, and most importantly, true! Unlike all the other fiction books I've read this year, this autobiography tells the life and times of a man we know as Malcom X. Malcom X wasn't like Martin Luther King and other civil rights leaders; he demanded equality and freedom and he was willingly to fight for it.

The thing that I like most about this book is that 2 sides can argue about Malcom X's life. One side can say that he was a violent and dangerous who did many bad things when he was alive. Another side can say well he may done some bad things in life and was a radical in many ways,but he sacrifed himself for the equality of all people in America and contributed a lot to the civil rights struggle.

I personally think that Malcom X was a great and courageous man because he saw his father get butchered by the KKK and his mother lose sanity, but he still managed to pick himself up, fight all opression and become a powerful spokes person for african-americans in the 1960's.

If you don't know who Malcom X or what he did, then you have to read this book. In some ways he was a martyr and died for the rights of all americans. Unlike others, Malcom X didn't back away from his death, he accepted it, and took his place in our country's history as one of the most influential men you'll ever know!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Autobiography of Malcolm X.