Tyler's Reviews > The Land of Oz

The Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum

M 50x66
May 17, 2009

I liked this book. In this sequel to THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ, the boy Tip, who has been living with an old witch for all his life, goes on a journey to the Edmerald City to escape the cruel woman's turning him into a statue. With him goes Pumpkinhead, a doll of Tip's creation brought to life by the which, and saw-horse, a saw-horse brought to life by the witch's potion stolen by Tip. They meet the scarecrow and the tinman on their journey...the main plot, however, involves an army of young girls who are sick of men running things and wish to take the land of Oz to run it the way they feel fit.

Other reviews say the book is pro-feminist or really crazy. I don't consider it feminist. WHERE did that one come from? The feminists are the BAD GUYS for crying out loud! Besides the way the feminists want to run things is just to make the little boys laugh. Remember, this book was supposed to stir two things in young people: a love of a creative story and a sense of humor. This book isn't meant to be serious or intellectually edifying. It was written to make young people love reading. In my opinion, this is a better adventure book than a lot of the junk written these days.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Land of Oz.