Adil's Reviews > Chasing the Red, White, and Blue: A Journey in Tocqueville's Footsteps Through Contemporary America

Chasing the Red, White, and Blue by David Cohen

Chasing the Red, White, and Blue
David Cohen
Picador
292pgs

"Chasing the Red,White, and Blue" is an unbelievable and almost unrealistic book that investigates the unbalance of rich and poor in our country and even our city. This book is written by a foreigner named David Cohen, so it's unbiased and exposes the truth.

When I read this book, it told me things I already know like how New York City is changing in to a city of the rich and how the poor and middle class are getting kicked out. It also told me things that I didn't know like how New York City (mainly Manhatthan) was a city of the middle class and how everything was shared evenly. This book exposed how ruthless the upper class can be and how they live in frotune while the rest of us are scrambling to keep our jobs and homes.

I like how this book shows the poor people's side of the story and the rich people's side. It also shows how most f the ordinary middle class have moved to New Jersey and the suburbs.
David Cohen interviews a diverse amount of people and asks them about how they feel about America's progress. Because of all his interviews,

I have realized there are four types of people in America:people looking for work (immigrants and US citizens),people wihout much faith in our country,sucessful people who enjoy their earnings, and the majority of people who hope for the better of this country.

I like how this book reveals how no matter where you're from or how much you make, everyone in this country wants to make big money and fufill the American dream. If only that were true and not just a mirage...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing the Red, White, and Blue.