Rachel's Reviews > The Soldiers of Halla

F 50x66
Jul 23, 10

liked it
Read in May, 2009

This book delivered exactly what it promised. It gave all the answers and was a satisfying conclusion to the story. However, it just didn't excite me. For the first time in this whole series I wasn't dreading having to go to school or do other things because I just wanted to stay home and read the new Pendragon book. I actually had to force myself to read this. That is because the thing I was most excited for, as I'm sure most people were, was the answers. And they were given right away. And although I know it was supposed to be a big twist, it didn't shock me. It just felt right.

That's what the whole book felt like. Everything happened "as it was meant to be." No twists. Just a couple of chapters of answers and then a lot of action. I expected this book to be huge and amazing, but it just felt like a longer version of every other book,with all the exact same scenarios happening. As for the ending, it didn't bother me like it seems to bother many other people. By that point I was just like 'ok, at least it's almost finished.'

Overall, this book was just...blah. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good. Maybe my expectations were just too high for the book, but I don't know. At least the ending of the Pendragon series got an ending that tied everything together.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Soldiers of Halla.

05/20/2009 page 210