Neha's Reviews > Untouchable

Oct 28, 14

it was ok
bookshelves: read-2009, own, indian-english
Read in August, 2009

I have been reading this book for past one year and finished it only today. Reading in between the time when I finished other books and was getting a new one, I had to recall whatever happened till the pages I had read. so we can conclude that this book didn't leave much of an impression on my mind or memory. anyways I read it because I wanted to read a book by Mulk raj Anand and moreover the topic seemed quite a different one than the usual ones. It talks about a day in the life of an untouchable and how he actually sees the world treating himself and finds his answers afetr all the problems he goes through.

We all have bad days and we all look for answers to the big problems we face and how world treats us whether as being a women, being poor, being uneducated, being out of place, being unclued to the topic being discussed or being lonely or like being untouchable. and we all get over it - find some logic or reason to how this happened and learn to cope with it just like Bhakha in this book. So read on because we all are liek Bhakha but in our different social sections or zones.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untouchable.