K.'s Reviews > The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Classic tale. I'm a firm believer that every little girl's childhood is incomplete without reading this book. At the very least watch the film directed by Agnieszka Holland (produced by Francis Ford Coppola, written by Caroline Thompson and composed by the awesome, the great Zbigniew Preisner). The movie is magic, I swear it.

Note: Also, Alfonso Cuaron's A Little Princess
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Garden.

Wendy Darling Oh my god, K...one of my friends is reading this now so I decided to see what my friends wrote about it. I LOVE that film adaptation--it's one of the best book to movie transformations ever! I love the soundtrack, too, I listen to it all the time.

message 2: by K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

K. I'm a huge film junkie and its as difficult for me to choose my favorite film as it is to choose my favorite book -- but I've decided that The Secret Garden is my favorite film. I can't even explain the impact it had on me when I first saw it as a little girl...I was mesmerized, to say the least. But as a movie alone, its magic, isn't it? And I have the soundtrack as well! How much do you love Winter Light? So sweet to hear you love this, too, Wendy!

P.S. This movie is also the reason I'm obsessed with England. It all started here :D