Claire S's Reviews > The Fire Dogs of Climate Change: An Inspirational Call to Action

The Fire Dogs of Climate Change by Sally Andrew

This is really more a set of annotated lists, a resource guide. It also has some very intense personal content, that is part a bit of see-how-cool-I-am, but mostly purports to be a how-to guide to move from paralyzing grief at the state of our Earth into action. And in that, it has some interesting content, if you can mold yourself into the whole being-a-fire-dog posture.

The resource lists, around energy alternatives, global-healing strategies, and global activist groups, are alone worth getting a copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fire Dogs of Climate Change.

Quotes Claire Liked

“Life (like love) is forgiving and hopeful and, like a bold flower pushing out from the narrow crevice in a rock, will take any gap we allow. However small or large.”
Sally Andrew, The Fire Dogs of Climate Change: An Inspirational Call to Action

“Under Capitalism the most important thing is to squeeze out more and more money for a few people to spend. This means that most of the other people -- as well as the earth and the sea and all the creatures and plants and goggas -- have to pay the price.”
Sally Andrew, The Fire Dogs of Climate Change: An Inspirational Call to Action

“I felt the full breadth and depth of the ocean around the sphere of the Earth, back billions of years to the beginning of life, across all the passing lives and deaths, the endless waves of swimming joy and quiet losses of exquisite creatures with fins and fronds, tentacles and wings, colourful and transparent, tiny and huge, coming and going. There is nothing the ocean has not seen”

05/15/2009 page 18