Michelle's Reviews > Twenty Wishes

May 17, 09

Recommended to Michelle by: N/A
Recommended for: women over 30
Read in May, 2009, read count: 1

The story was incredibly predictable and really sappy almost all the way through. It reads a lot like "Twilight" - a good book to turn your brain off while reading but definitely NOT great literature. I disliked that the book hardly mentioned the characters from The Shop on Blossom Street . Lydia, whom I happened to like a lot and figured the rest of the series would center on, was only mentioned in passing. She had NO major role in this story. I found that to be pretty disappointing. Something else that was even more disappointing was how little knitting was actually done. I'm an avid knitter who picked this book up because I read the first one where knitting was central. This book is all about women making wishes come true - Debbie Macomber should've started a new series and not included this one in the Blossom Street one. What I did like was the story's theme: live life to its fullest. It's a theme that anyone can learn from, whether you're really old or really youong. I admit, that this book made me feel like my grandmother. The first Blossom Street book was intended for women of all ages, at least that's the feel it gives. This one doesn't give you that feel. It's something that is intended for older women who want to read sappy, feel-good books. If your looking for a book for a female on the cusp of adulthood, this isn't the book for her.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twenty Wishes.