Lindsay Paige's Reviews > Lock and Key

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

Nov 23, 09

bookshelves: favorite-covers, favorites, own
Read in November, 2009

WARNINGS: I love the cover. And after reading, I really wished I have a necklace like the one on the cover.

This is one of those books that the day after you read it, you are still thinking about it. Why? It just sticks with you. I love the key on a chain idea. I would love to have the one on the cover. I think it's beautiful. I really liked this book, which is why I can't decide between 3 stars and 4 stars.

Each character has their individual traits, so they didn't intermingle making you loose who was who. I liked all the characters. Something stood out with Jamie and he was my favorite character, along with Nate of course.

This is your typical Dessen book and you will not be disappointed. I love how she writes about the simplest, toughest things that are dealt with everyday and they make amazing novels that you remember for a lifetime. Once again, Sarah Dessen has wrote a great book. This one might even be my second favorite of hers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lock and Key.

Quotes Lindsay Liked

Sarah Dessen
“It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered--so many locks not enough keys.”

Sarah Dessen
“Everyone has their weak spot. The one thing that, despite your best efforts, will always bring you to your knees, regardless of how strong you are otherwise.”

Sarah Dessen
“This is exactly what i wanted, as commitments had never really been my thing. And it wasn't like it was hard, either. The only trick was never giving more than you were willing to lose.”

Sarah Dessen
“My point is, there are a lot of people in the world. No one ever sees everything the same way you do; it just doesn't happen. So when you find one person who gets a couple of things, especially if they're important ones... you might as well hold on to them. You know?”

Sarah Dessen
“What is family? They were the people who claimed you. In good, in bad, in parts or in whole, they were the ones who showed up, who stayed in there, regardless. It wasn't just about blood relations or shared chromosomes, but something wider, bigger. We had many families over time. Our family of origin, the family we created, and the groups you moved through while all of this was happening: friends, lovers, sometimes even strangers. None of them perfect, and we couldn't expect them to be. You can't make any one person your world. The trick was to take what each could give you and build your world from it.”

11/19/2009 page 129
11/22/2009 page 218
51.66% "sniff, sniff. I lost my book for a few days so I'm behind schedule"
11/23/2009 page 422