Debbie's Reviews > Never Slow Dance With a Zombie

Never Slow Dance With a Zombie by E. Van Lowe

1945325
Nov 02, 09

Best friends Margot and Sybil arrive at school one day to find most of their classmates are now zombies and are quickly turning the rest of the school into zombies as well. They manage to track down their still human principal Taft and get convinced to help him cover up this little problem until he can be promoted in 7 weeks. In return, Margot gets her dreams of being the most popular girl in school, get a boyfriend and head every elite committee in school. Sybil gets her chance to try and turn the school’s cliques upside down.

I love zombie books and was very excited to read this one but I had to keep shaking my head while reading. I expected silliness, really I did but this was just over the top. The main defense they had against the zombies was hitting them on the nose with a newspaper. If that is not the epitome of silliness I do not know what is. It was pushing the point of absurdity that Margot actually thought it was great that she now had the zombie of one of the good looking jocks as her "boyfriend" despite the fact that she only kept him with a constant supply of red meat and constant whops to the nose with her newspaper. Whenever she tried to hold him he would try to take a bite out of her.

I wanted to feel for Margot since I was also not one of the popular girls in school but everything she did was just so detestable that I could not empathize with her. Her realization of her horrible actions came too late and too suddenly for me to have a change of heart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Slow Dance With a Zombie.