Katie(babs)'s Reviews > Gideon

Gideon by Jacquelyn Frank

May 15, 09

Iwill probably be in the minority with this book, but as Frank's Book One (Jacob) in the Nightwalkers series, "Gideon" is much the same: trying to read it is very difficult. The wording and conversations between the characters are very cold and mechanical. Other than mostly dialogue and descriptions of inner longer or angst for our two main characters, there is not much more going on. If you are a fan of nice love scenes also, there is not much more going on at that end either.

Gideon is that cold but beautiful hero that all women want and dream about. He is the oldest and strongest of the Nightwalkers, a type of demon who protects his society. He soon finds he has a mate, which is Magdelegena (what a name!) the sister to the demon king. Even though these two are at odds with each over, they find out that they are imprinted from birth to be each other's mates. So even though they don't like each other, they lust and care for each other soon after they find out this information and simply they don't fight it, well for the reason is "just because".

Of course you have some action and the constant turmoil. We also have vampire and werewolves coming out of the blue along with those nasty enemies who have it in for our demon race. I truly wished this series would be more appealing because it takes skill to write a fantasy world like this. Frank falls short on that end. The overall plot and drama of these demon soul mates loses interest quickly.

Perhaps if you are a fan of Christine Feehan's "Dark Series", you maybe a fan of this one also. Otherwise I give this a major pass.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gideon.