eh. 2.5 stars?
maybe this is for big fans of the show ?(i've only seen bits of it a few times)
i confess i was looking for quick-fix ideas for the terrible-toddler phase...but this was more of a super basic, first time parent owners manual with very little i hadn't heard elsewhere.
on the positive side, it did have good little bullet point sections which were helful (as opposed to other books directed at parents which drone on for pages and pages...)
here are a few points from one bullet-note page i liked (good reminders):
"how to talk to your child"
- praise your child when he's behaving well
- talk to your child in a positive way (instead of saying, your hands are dirty, say, lets wash hands now, and then we'll sit on the sofa together...)
- don't be abrupt or bark commands
- don't scream and shout
- never use hurtful words to label your child, make it clear that it's the bad behavior you dislike, not the child.
- don't compare your child with their siblings and never talk about them to a third party when they're in earshot
- dont' offer too many choices to a small child
- don't bargain with a child having a tantrum
- go large - children read your body language. be playful int he way you talk to your child.