Laure's Reviews > An Offer You Can't Refuse

An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell

A really, really fun book! If you're in a bad mood, it'll cheer you right up! And don't make plans --I read it in one sitting.

So...what about it...

Lola really never, ever, gave up on trying to get Dougie back -- even when he kept throwing daggers at her and quite frankly it was hilarious!
Don't worry, you don't have to be a sadist to appreciate the way Doug shuts her down, you just can't not enjoy it with Lola being Lola!

Plus, you have to admit, that from Dougie's point of view, he could have been way meaner than that!
I mean, the guy got dumped by the girl he thought was the love of his life when he was 18 (via a freaking letter!) with no real explanation, got his heart broken badly, and when he sees her again, he overhears that she broke up with him for money (thus cheapening even the memories he had of his first love)!

This leads to one thing I would've liked to have in this book: Dougie's POV!

I loved Lola's POV --it was plain funny, and I really didn't mind to have Gabe's and Sally's because I really liked them; but I guess I'm just greedy because I would've liked one more... ^^

And to be perfect, I wouldn't have minded 50 more pages to wrap up the end not as hastily. I feel like I didn't get to savor it as much as I could have. But overall, it's really a good read and entertaining as hell!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Offer You Can't Refuse.

05/18/2009 page 416