Lesley's Reviews > Kiss the Girls

Kiss the Girls by James Patterson

Jan 02, 10

bookshelves: north-carolina, 2010
Recommended for: Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill residents (maybe)
Read in January, 2010, read count: 1

This one's hard to explain. I liked reading a book was North Carolina references, mainly in Durham and Chapel Hill, and I usually like suspenseful stories, but there's something about James Patterson's stories that I have a hard time warming up to. His short little chapters kinda get on my nerves, in a way that feels almost condescending. I felt this way about The Beach House as well. Eventhough I have mixed feelings about this book, it was a page turner, partly because I wanted to find out whodunit, and partly because I wanted it to be over!

I wonder how I'd like the movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss the Girls.

12/31/2009 page 120
01/01/2010 page 226
49.34% "I'm enjoying the local Durham/Chapel Hill/Raleigh setting, but what's with the short little chapters? *sigh* T"
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 8: by Renae (new)

Renae That's a good one!!

Lesley Good to know! With the Chapel Hill, NC, (near me) connection, I figured this one's a must-read. :)

message 6: by Leeda (last edited Jan 02, 2010 03:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leeda He does seem to cater to short attention spans with those capsule-chapters, doesn't he? (Going from Honeymoon, only one I've read so far.) Haven't read the book version, but I did rent the movie just a month or two ago. I enjoyed it, mainly because I like Ashley Judd (wonder where she dropped off to?) and Morgan Freeman; and because it was neat seeing the Triangle circa 1996. Just about the time I first arrived here!

Lesley I like Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd too, so I'm going to give the movie a try sometime, I think. Does Freeman play Alex Cross?

Leeda Yes, he plays Alex Cross, I really liked him in that role. I think Morgan Freeman did one or two more, besides this one, as Alex Cross, but I haven't seen those yet.

Tracyene I liked the movie and the book was good, but I've had trouble getting into JP's books, too. I think I've only read 2 and he's got a lot!!

Lesley He is a prolific writer, and with a little distance, I'm glad I read this one, especially for the local setting. It was a holiday read, after all. It made me want to go to Franklin St, but watch my back! It's been a while since I've eaten at Spanky's. ;-)

Leeda That reminds me, I've had his "1st to Die" sitting around here since last year--I need to start that series and see how it is!