Beth's Reviews > Cybele's Secret

Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier

May 14, 09

Read in May, 2009

Really, Juliette Marillier can almost do no wrong in my eyes about now. This companion to Wildwood Dancing lived up to my every expectation and yet is a completely different book from the first one. While Wildwood Dancing takes place in the wildwoods of Transylvania with mystical creatures and magical enchantments; this one is set in the colorful and bustling city of Istanbul and has adventure, intrigue, betrayal, and a high seas chase.
The story is centered around the second youngest daughter Paula who is now 17 and traveling on a business trip with her father in an attempt to acquire an ancient artifact. She finds herself faced with solving a difficult puzzle set her by the folk of the other realm, and chosing between a dashing pirate and her faithfull bodyguard (although there really was no competition here in my mind.)
I really hope there are more books in this series. I sensed the distinct posibility here. Stela is begging to have her adventure and things were left hanging with Tati and her own quest. How about 5 books, one for each sister perhaps??
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cybele's Secret.