Phil Fountain's Reviews > Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation and Practice

Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by Shunryu Suzuki
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.

Quotes Phil Liked

Shunryu Suzuki
“Our effort in our practice should be directed from achievement to non-achievement.”
Shunryu Suzuki, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation and Practice

Shunryu Suzuki
“If you think you will get something from practicing zazen, already you are involved in impure practice.”

Shunryu Suzuki
“Actually we do not have any particular name for our practice; when we practice zazen we just practice it, and whether we find joy in our practice or not, we just do it.”

Shunryu Suzuki
“Even when you practice zazen alone, without a teacher, I think you will find some way to tell whether your practice is adequate or not.”

Shunryu Suzuki
“It is when your practice is rather greedy that you become discouraged with it.”