elissa's Reviews > Thirteenth Child

Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede

May 20, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, childrensnovels, my_00s_reads
Read in May, 2009

This wasn't a quick read for me, but now that I'm finished with it, I'm missing being in the middle of it. I guess I was savoring it. I love that buzz has renamed it "Little Harry on the Praire". It has more in common with Laura Ingalls Wilder than it does with Rowling, but maybe one of the things that it has in common with HP is that the stories will get "older" as the series goes on. This first installment was very middle school, and there's nothing that makes it "YA", except maybe a sister who elopes because she's pregnant (I don't consider this a spoiler, because I guessed it was going to happen, and I rarely guess plot points). Knocked off of my 2009favorites list 11/9/09, by WHEN YOU REACH ME.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteenth Child.

05/14/2009 page 80
05/16/2009 page 150
43.6% "Buzz is calling this "Little Harry on the Prarie", which I love!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

June Would I be able to pick it up on my way to work tomorrow around noon? Otherwise sometime after the holiday? Or are you re-reading?

elissa I meant to write to you today and tell you that I could either send it to you or you could come get it any time! Sorry that I forgot! I know you're waiting for it, and I'm curious to see what you think. I'd imagine you'll like it even better than I did. I'll be at SPK from 10:00-1:30 tomorrow (Friday), so you can stop by there any time in between then.

elissa I only allow myself 12 favorite books every year (out of the books I read that are published that year). It feels like a not too large and not too small #, and it's fun seeing what's left by the end of the year. :)