Lindsey's Reviews > Rowan of the Wood

Rowan of the Wood by Christine Rose

Oct 14, 09

bookshelves: young-adult, summer-2010-reading-challenge, authors-i-have-met, 2009, gr-authors, series
Recommended to Lindsey by: Christine Rose
Recommended for: adult fiction/fantasy readers, young adults, Harry Potter fans, Twilight fans
Read in May, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 2

This book is categorized as young adult, but I think it is just as, if not more, enjoyable for adults.
One of the most interesting things about the book is that it travels back and forth in time and through time.
I really enjoyed some of the commentary on religion and good/evil too.
Yes, some of the concept is a lot like Harry Potter's situation, but the story soon branches off into its own unique story line.
I feel as though I could be leaving a much better and more informative review on this book, but unfortunately I finished it several months ago and have forgotten some great stuff.
I will be re-reading this book because I got a little lost at the end, but no worries as it is a quick read, and it was never boring. I normally might not re-read, but the sequel Witch on the Water just came out. I know they are planning a third book as well, but I'm not sure beyond that.
I also met the authors of this book at my local book store. They are super nice people, and as a bonus to me - they are animal-loving vegetarians! I follow Christine on Twitter (christinerose), which is how I found out about the book in the first place. She and her husband Ethan are also here on Goodreads.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rowan of the Wood.

05/14/2009 page 24

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan I'll have to try to get to this. It's been languishing on my to-read shelf.

Lindsey Awesome! Luckily, it is a pretty easy read :)

message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan I'm just so backed up with so many books. I'm already not reading most of my books for group reads. I'm going to have to reorganize asap.

Lindsey I so understand :D I don't think "so many books, so little time" can ever be said enough.

message 5: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan Lindsey Ⓥ wrote: "I so understand :D I don't think "so many books, so little time" can ever be said enough."

I used to use that phrase all the time, but I had no idea how true it was until I was a Goodreads member. ;-)