Neena Thakur's Reviews > New Moon

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

Jan 17, 12

Read in March, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moon.

Quotes Neena Liked

Stephenie Meyer
“I promise that this will be the last time you’ll see me. I won’t come back. I won’t put you through anything like this again. You can go on with your life without any more interference from me. It will be as if I’d never existed.”

Stephenie Meyer
“The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how much more special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect than me he might be, he was as irreversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to him, so would he always be mine.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Only you could be more important than what I wanted...what I needed. What I want and what I need is to be with you, and I know I'll never be strong enough to leave again.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget; it was a hard line to walk.”

Stephenie Meyer
“After all the thousand times I’ve told you I love you, how could you let one word break your faith in me?...I could see it in your eyes, that you honestly believed that I didn’t want you anymore. The most absurd, ridiculous concept—as if there were any way that I could exist without needing you!”

Stephenie Meyer
“love gave someone the power to break you.
I'd been broken beyond repair.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Romeo wouldn’t change his mind. That’s why people still remembered his name, always twined with hers”

Stephenie Meyer
“I honestly have no idea how to live without you.”

Stephenie Meyer
“It never made sense for you to love me.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I thought about that for a minute - about what I wanted.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Could I betray my absent heart to save my pathetic life?”

Stephenie Meyer
“I lied, and I'm so sorry—sorry because I hurt you, sorry because it was a worthless effort. Sorry that I couldn't protect you from what I am. I lied to save you, and it didn't work. I'm sorry.
But how could you believe me? After all the thousand times I've told you I love you, how could you let one word break your faith in me?”
I didn't answer. I was too shocked to form a rational response.
“I could see it in your eyes, that you honestly believed that I didn't want you anymore. The most absurd, ridiculous concept—as if there were any way that I could exist without needing you!”

Stephenie Meyer
“The way I feel about you will never change. Of course I love you—and there's nothing you can do about it!”
“That's all I needed to hear.”

Stephenie Meyer
“When I told you I didn't want you it was the blackest kind of blasphemy”

Stephenie Meyer
“I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough... But this was no dream, and, unlike the nightmare, I wasn't running for my life: I was racing to save something infinitely more precious. My own life meant little to me today.”

Stephenie Meyer
“The only reason I left was to protect you.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Love is irrational, I reminded myself. The more you loved someone, the less sense anything made.”
tags: love

Stephenie Meyer
“Tonight the sky was utterly black. Perhaps there was no moon tonight—a lunar eclipse, a new moon. A new moon. I shivered, though I wasn't cold.”

Stephenie Meyer
“The absence of him is everywhere I look.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I'd rather die than be with anyone but you.”

Stephenie Meyer
“How was I ever going to fight the blurring lines in our relationship when I enjoyed being with him so much?”

Stephenie Meyer
“Once you cared about a person, it was impossible to be logical about them anymore.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I knew that last glimpse of his face would haunt me until I saw him smile again.
And right there I vowed that I would see him smile, and soon. I would find a way to keep my friend.
Edward kept his arm tight around my waist, holding me close. That was the only thing that held the tears inside my eyes.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I'd been broken beyond repair.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I can´t live in a world where you don´t exist”

Stephenie Meyer
“There was a darkness in Jacob now. Like my sun had imploded.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I just couldn't live in a world where you didn't exist”