Bridgette's Reviews > Witch Child

Witch Child by Celia Rees

F 50x66
May 13, 09

Read in May, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Witch Child is a really really good book. I chose this book because It seemed really interesting and the cover automatically caught my attention. It has action, a bit of flirting and love, and mystery. Ms. Celia Rees is not the actual author but the modifier. What Ms. Rees altered was from a collection of documents called "the Mary papers." It is the actual diary of a young girl from many many years ago.The beginning of all of it happened in 1659.
What it is about is a girl who is running from her true self. Mary is her name, and she had a grandmother who supported her through her life already lived. In the beginning of the book the village people killed for thinking she was a witch. After having witnessed her death she realized she ahead to flee the country otherwise she would be next to die. She starts traveling from there...and from there you just have to read the rest.
I recommend this book to first off people who love reading. Witch Child has a little something for everyone and anyone ranging from action to romance. This book is as a said a very good book.
Witch Child on a scale from one being the easiest to ten being the hardest was somewhere around 6 or 7. The book has a lot of interesting stories that happened in the past. It is not very hard but you can get some words confused as far as spelling goes.
I used almost all of the reading strategies for this book except for the author craft. I didn't use author craft because the words in this book were not that of her own. She did edit it to make it legible but did not write the whole book herself.
I would read another book by this author because she seems to know what she is doing. Ms. Rees knows how to write a book and make it interesting, and she knows her boundary s towards them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witch Child.