Kittiya's Reviews > Sucker Bet

Sucker Bet by Erin McCarthy

May 16, 09

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in May, 2009

I happen to like book four much better then the first three. Gweena is now by far my Favorite in the series. She learns a lot about herself and gains independence for the first time in 900 yrs. I wasn't sure which way Nate was going to go. If he was to be a new person added in... Or if he would make a different choice and be gone. Thankfully he is staying for now. Oh Kelsey by the way has dropped even lower in my opinion. Does she really have to stay with such a jerk? The book is fantasy after all, can she not also have a great guy to connect with? Ringo just keeps falling further and further into the cesspool he has created for himself. When we do get to hear his back story I could care less. And I've known more then a few jerks in my own lifetime. What makes his little piece of hell so special? Nothing if you ask me. Others in the series have gone through much worse without continually being a jerk and contently sinking lower. I was also wondering why the slayers group keeps being brought up if nothing is ever going to happen with it. It's a bit frustrating really. oh well.
Anyyy whooo.... Much better over all I really enjoyed it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sucker Bet.

05/12/2009 page 48
16.22% "go Gwena, finally we get to see that you have a back bone!"
05/14/2009 page 198
66.89% "It's great to watch Gwenna's character come into her own. She is slowly making progress for her independence. Something I can relate to."