Mom's Reviews > The Poet

The Poet by Michael Connelly

May 12, 2009

liked it
Read in May, 2009

I was reading the Harry Bosch series when I noted that he has several series characters who intersected in some novels. I therefore took a time out to read this book which introduced Jack McEvoy. This is an excellent mystery and got my hopes up with his tight plot and character development. However, when he reappears in A Darkness More than Night it is both a bit part and one unworthy of him I have lost interest in following the parallel series. Harry Bosch maintains my interest...so far.

Tne story line: Jack McEvoy is a Denver crime reporter investigating the story of the suicide of his twin brother, homicide detective Sean McEvoy, was found dead in his car from a self-inflicted bullet wound to the head--an Edgar Allen Poe quote smeared on the windshield. Jack is going to write the story to help clarify it for himself. At first he accepts the official finding then the more information he uncovers, the less he believes that his brother killed himself. He comes to believe that Sean's death was the work of a serial killer. He manages to blackmail the FBI into including him in the investigation where he meets Rachael Wallace, another continuing character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Poet.