Erik's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Jun 16, 09

Read in June, 2009

Confession: I have never read a Jane Austen novel, much to my wife's dismay. However, I feel like this version covers P&P well enough to skip the original. Gaps between the two can be identified by your local Jane Austen fan or possibly one of the movie adaptations. It's not that complex of a story.

With that out of the way...

I really liked this book. The zombie content was a lot of fun, and the Grahame-Smith additions were written in a manner that was surprisingly authentic to Austen's style (what little I know about it). Too damn cool. I'm glad that someone has managed to have some fun with a classic while still remaining more or less true to the original. This thought puts me in the minority, I'm sure, but that's okay. Classics are awesome, but classics with zombies are even better.

I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Mr. Grahame-Smith. What's next? Moby Dick and Zombies? Oooh, Tom Jones and Zombies! I'd re-read all 900+ pages for that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.