Linda's Reviews > The Book of Love

The Book of Love by Kathleen McGowan

Jul 26, 09

Read in July, 2009

One book I would love to read over and over again. I came up with lists of things to look up, books to read further, and even opened up the bible for reference. I decided to study the gnostic gospels and this was the best place to start. This is book number two of the series and in the first book the main character finds the book written by Madonna Magdalene. She was not the whore portraied in the bible, furtherd by hearsay from uncorcerned people. This book is the same characters with more interaction with the vatican in Europe. This description of the places and catheridals in Europe makes me want to visit them as they are such holy grounds. I am a changed person since I read this book. Read it and it will challenge your thinking!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Love.

Julia I agree on your commentary, and this Book also sparked my further interest in the gnostic gospels, the true teachings of early christianity and all sides of history, or "herstory". After all just because you don't see it des not mean it isn't there to see. With eyes to see and ears to hear.

Linda Amen to that sister! Did you read her first book? THE CHOSEN ONE?
Linda

Julia Linda wrote: "Amen to that sister! Did you read her first book? THE CHOSEN ONE?
Linda"

Yes I read The Expected One which I advise readers to read first to give continuity of understanding and enjoyment. Looking forward to the 3rd Book.
Want to go see the Chartres Cathedral?

Linda Julia wrote: "Linda wrote: "Amen to that sister! Did you read her first book? THE CHOSEN ONE?
Linda"

Julia wrote: "I agree on your commentary, and this Book also sparked my further interest in the gnostic gospels, the true teachings of early christianity and all sides of history, or "herstory". After all just ..."

I like the way you put this brief review comment Julie...I have so missed reading and I don't even know where that list is...books....I have...well of all the things I lost I miss my mind the most!

Linda