Leana's Reviews > The Van Alen Legacy

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

Nov 06, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, guilty-pleasures, paranormal, science-fiction, series, vampires, young-adult
Recommended to Leana by: found the first book of the series at B&N
Recommended for: Lovers of vampires and paranormal romance
Read in November, 2009, read count: 1

I think this is my favorite book of the series. The whole series is such a cool look at vampires and helps explain some of the myths that have circulated throughout the years. I love anything that ties into Christianity's idea of creation, or any other religion for that matter.

Melissa de la Cruz has a unique way of looking at the world while at the same time keeping her vampires young, smart and fabulously dressed. You can't go wrong with a well dressed vampire!

This story is a globe trotting adventure from start to finish and leaves you wanting more. There was some drag in the middle. The writing became a bit cheesey at points - which I don't remember experiencing in the other books at all. But that being said, I still ended up enjoying it more than the other 3 books before it. Hope you guys like it too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Van Alen Legacy.

10/12/2009 page 26
7.05% "I am excited to be reading this! I have been waiting a year for this to come out!"
10/22/2009 page 135
36.59% "I really enjoy this series. Schuyler is one of my favorite female characters." 1 comment
10/26/2009 page 170
46.07% "I am not getting to read too much. But what I am getting to read, I love it. I think this is my fav book of the series!"
11/02/2009 page 252
68.29% "I am going to finish this book hopefully by Wednesday this week!"
show 6 hidden updates…