LiteraryLover's Reviews > Caressed by Ice

Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh

I've heard so many good things about this book, that I feel sort of like the bad egg giving it a less than raving review lol.

It's been a while since I read the previous book in the series so my memory was a bit rusty going into this one. I started reading and quickly noticed that there was no introduction to the characters and was just thrown into the story. I vaguely remember a character being tortured by a Psy serial killer in a previous book but I couldn't remember when and to whom it was done. I needed more of a setup when it started than just sticking me in the middle of everything. By around the middle of the book I started to get into the story even though I still felt a bit lost at times. The sex scenes were definitely amazing and have made me on the look out for more romance novels featuring people with telekinesis. Very eye opening :) I just never got completely connected to the characters and the story. I was really exited for this book and wanted to get engrossed in the story but never got there. I put the next book on hold at the library though and hope I have better luck. The little preview of it at the end of the book looked promising :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caressed by Ice.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) That's okay. We all have different tastes. I loved this one, but Hostage to Pleasure was my favorite.

message 2: by Angelc (new)

Angelc Great review, Summer!! And Danielle is so right! There are plenty of books that I haven't liked as much as others have :)

Dancechica Even if something is highly rated, it just might not suit you, and that's perfectly okay. :-)

This one's my favorite (the next one, Mine to Possess, takes second place). I just loved Judd. But there are others in the series that didn't work as well for me. Still, I think Singh is a wonderful storyteller.

message 4: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Summer

LiteraryLover Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Adrienne Good honest review Summer, and never apologise if you didn't like something/couldn't get into it/see the attraction:), no one thinks you're a bad egg, just an honest reviewer!! I read this and the previous one back to back I think they tend to read like one book when read that way.

Dina The next 2 books, Mine to Possess and Hostage to Pleasure, also read like one book because the 1st scene in HTP is an event that actually happens in MTP. So you might consider reading them back to back too, if you want to keep things "fresh" on your mind.

Adrienne Thanks for the tip Dina.

message 9: by LiteraryLover (last edited Sep 12, 2009 08:50AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

LiteraryLover Thanks for the heads up too Dina. I just set both of them together on my library holds.

message 10: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina You're welcome, Adrienne and Summer. I hope you enjoy them better than you did this one, Summer. :)