JenMcJ's Reviews > Diplomacy

Diplomacy by Zahra Owens

May 11, 2009

bookshelves: e-books, mm-mmm-a-few-mmf-too

This story has a lot of diplomatic research and interesting plotting. I was very curious every step of the way to find out how this could possibly turn out well. Two men hooking up, one married, the other engaged has a lot of mountain to climb to make the characters sympathetic, but this does manage it quite well.

Up front, those of you with a serious aversion to cheating are not going to be able to get past the first 1/3 of the book. Jack does cheat on his wife with Lucas and he does it quite deliberately. He knows he shouldn't but just can't not be with Lucas. Lucas is no innocent. He clearly goes into with his eyes open and has his own relationship going strong at the time. Not to mention, they work in the diplomatic corp. The diplomatic corp is no stranger to cheating spouses, but gay cheating spouses...not so much.

Generally speaking in a romance genre, no cheater goes without paying the price. Jack and Lucas do pay it, but in the end the price they pay ends up saving their integrity and placing important people in their lives. Their life becomes their own to make of it what they will. It also frees everyone else to make their own lives.

This was a well edited book and the sex was pretty hot. Some of the subplots seemed contrived and were never resolved.

All in all tho, for cheaters, I really did like Jack and Lucas and I was very interested to see how it all would work out toward HEA.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diplomacy.

02/01/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Great review. I enjoyed this book as well. :)

JenMcJ yeah, it was an unexpected surprise. :)

Matimate I think I must buy this book asap :) nice review

message 4: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Very Cool Review, Jen