Becky's Reviews > 2nd Chance

2nd Chance by James Patterson

May 28, 09

bookshelves: audio, 999-challenge

Another great read! Okay...I listened to it, but still a great book! I can't believe that I haven't gotten into this series before now. I mentioned that I hoped that the books following 1st to Die had a lot to live up too. This one doesn't disappoint. I didn't like it quite as much as the first one, but close.

This book lets the reader get to know more about the personal lives of the girls. Cindy becomes involved in a relationship and one of the girls is targeted so we learn a little more about her too. In a series like this, it's important to me to know these main characters. We learn a little more about Lindsey and her past when her father who has been absent from her life for 22 years shows up. I'm not sure about Lindsey's reaction to his sudden appearance, but it fits well into the story.

The ending isn't at all what I expected. That makes for a great read for me. I don't like to have the book figured out before I turn the last page. Patterson is great with the final twists that keep me coming back for more!! I've already started the 3rd book in the series and am trying to get my hands on a copy of #4!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 2nd Chance.