Anna's Reviews > Castration Celebration

Castration Celebration by Jake Wizner

Dec 13, 09

bookshelves: fiction, young-adult, books-for-boys, favorites, read-in-2009
Read in December, 2009

God, I love this book! It is so totally "inappropriate" and over the top but that is precisely what makes this such a fantastic read. I love it. I love the offensive title that seems to scare away all men. I love the subject matter. I love the openness with which Jake Wizner writes about sex and other "off-limits" topics including bestiality.

Here's an example of scene that had me laughing out loud:

"You know that book Twilight?" Max asked.

"I've heard of it."

"It's about this vampire who hooks up with a teenage chick. They never do more than kiss, but I was thinking if he ever went down on her while she was having her period it would be like winning the fucking lottery."

"This is what you spend your time thinking about?"

The dirty mind part of me just totally ate this up. It's hilarious. It's not for the weak or easily offended. You have to be able to laugh at yourself and feel comfortable saying words like "tampon" and "penis" in public in order to truly appreciate this. Plus, you really need to feel comfortable with the idea of carrying around in public a book titled Castration Celebration. But I really, really love it and I think a lot of others would too if people could just get past the title.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Castration Celebration.

message 1: by Loretta (new) - added it

Loretta Nyhan Anna, this sounds right up my alley! I just had a laugh at that excerpt, so I think this one is going on my to-read list! Thanks!

Anna Read it! It's awesome and I feel bad that it's sort of being blacklisted on account of the controversial title.