LiteraryLover's Reviews > A Quick Bite

A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands

I start this book thinking maybe it will be cute. The description of the book describes the main character Lissianna as a vampire with a tendency to faint at the site of blood. Silly, but not the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Dr. Gregory Hewitt is a psychiatrist who wakes up in Lissianna's bedroom tied up and she wants a bite. Interesting enough to be put on my to-be-read pile anyways.
So I start reading it. Lissianna comes from a family of vampires. Her parents, siblings, and friends are all vampires too. It's also her 202nd birthday. She's had some bad luck finding some good food, and arrives early at her mothers for her birthday party. Vampire birthday party. That was strike number one. So she goes up to her room and finds Dr. Gregory all tied up and sexy and decides to open up her present early. She gets interrupted by her mother explaining that the present wasn't for eating, but for curing her phobia with blood. Lissianna sulks and heads back down to the party like a chastised child. That was strike two. The party winds down later and Lissianna and her friends and family are downstairs. All of the females are described as in pastel colored baby doll outfits. Oooookay. The vampires then all gather around asking what do you do at a pajama party. When someone explains they all try to decide which to do first. Should they tell scary stories? Gossip about boys? Riiiiiight. So that would be strike three.

I don't require vampires in stories to be full of angst or anything like that but a vampire pajama party sorta crosses the line for me. She's supposed to be 202 years old for goodness sake. Perhaps the story gets better and less ...ridiculous later but I couldn't really stomach any more after that.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Quick Bite.

08/10 marked as: did-not-finish

message 1: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB I read Single White Vampire and hated it! These are pretty pathetic vampires, they drink blood out a freaking bag.

message 2: by Rane (new)

Rane urg, the reason I gave up vampire books, the storylines just got to be plain dumb. Great Review Summer!