Edna's Reviews > Blue Willow

May 14, 09

liked it
bookshelves: 2009, contemporary-romance
Read in May, 2009

Can you say emotionally draining? The angst, twists, turns, betrayals, tragedies (extremely tragic right off the bat in the first chapter)...I could go on and on. I honestly don't know what to rate this because there were so many things going on.

First off, Deb Smith is a great writer and provides many details to illustrate the story. There are a lot of intriguing and dynamic characters. Lily and Artemas are the text book picture of star-crossed lovers. There were so many obstacles to overcome, I'm amazed that they pulled through. I did love how it always ended with them though, I never doubted the feelings they had for each other.

This is one of those epic stories that follows the characters from birth (well in Lily's case at least) to adulthood. So if you're looking for a quick and easy read, this isn't for you. Also there are a few squeamish parts about Artemas' father, I could not stand reading about him.

A good one but for me, but for me it falls short of A Place to Call Home. I do plan to read more from her though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Willow.