Christy Lockstein's Reviews > Always Watching

Always Watching by Brandilyn Collins

May 08, 2009

Always Watching by Brandilyn and Amberly Collins is the first in The Rayne Tour series. The mother and daughter authors write about a mother and daughter in the midst of a terrifying murder mystery. Sixteen year old Shaley O'Connor is the daughter of Rayne, a top rock star, and along with a large crew they are touring the US. Shaley has learned to make the best of life on the road, especially by bonding with Tom, her mother's makeup artist. But her world suddenly spins out of control when she finds Tom's body in a dressing room, and the search for his murderer turns up secrets that Rayne would rather keep hidden. Someone is stalking Shaley, and there's far more to this murder than meets the eye. The authors keep the pages turning briskly with a plot full of twists and turns; I think my jaw dropped on every other page. They've created a realistic teenage girl in Shaley. She alternately loves and hates her mother, stresses about her body image, and wants security more than anything in her life. I don't think she'll be finding any of that soon in the ongoing series; the authors have set up lots of subplots and mysteries that will keep Shaley running for a long time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always Watching.