Vik's Reviews > Equity And Trusts

Equity And Trusts by John G. Duddington

Dec 12, 07

bookshelves: reviewed, legal
Read in December, 2007

Let me qualify my review first, I have not studied this subject yet so these are first impressions.

This book looses the mindmaps at the beginning of each chapter in favour of flowcharts, I prefer the mindmaps so this becomes my first blackmark. This is swiftly followed by sections in the book that mention cases yet does not have any synopsis on them, for a revision book this is not good enough, it should aspire to be self-contained.

Perhaps this heightened my awareness then of potential annoyances, I spotted a couple of grammatical errors and one sentence that did not make any sense at all. Sounds picky but you can be sure your tutors and examiners will be the same.

I did appreciate the oodles of further information boxes with articles,critiques and cases to investigate. Brilliant idea especially for essay style questions. You are also asked to investigate the companion website especially for essay guidance on the each of the chapters. The companion website is useful and allows you to test your knowledge and give feedback on the book.

Having given what appears to be a negative review this book is miles ahead of the nutcases series in terms of presentation and ease of use.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Equity And Trusts.