Jordan's Reviews > Double Cross

Double Cross by James Patterson

F_50x66
May 26, 09

bookshelves: currently-reading

This book is the thirteenth installent in the Alex Cross series, but only the first that I have read.

Alex Cross has just started to adjyst to a normal life away from his old ways of solving mysteries and working on cases. He has three kids, work as a therapist, and a girlfriend, Bree. While on vacation with Alex, Bree is suddenly called to investigate a gruesome murder. The murder had been staged for a crowd to see and was done in horrific fashion. Alex gets caught into the investigation when he is named by the killer. On top of all of this Alex is contacted by another killer who he put in solitary confinement. Alex must watch his back as he tries to stop other murders from taking place.

The plot is very well organized and kept me on the edge of my seat at all times. Though this book is a plot based book, James Patterson does a good job making sure that the characters still have some depth within the twists and turns of the storyline.

One of my favorite things about this book was how much attention to detail there was in every aspect of the story. Every part of the book was well thought and planned.

I would recommend this book to people who enjoyed the Alex Rider series, except this book had more mature content. Also people who love books with a well developed plot should try this book out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Cross.