Waits's Reviews > The World of Winnie-the-Pooh

The World of Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne

May 07, 2009

Read in January, 2009

Waits loves Pooh Bear. I'm not sure when this rabid love affair began, but in an effort to gently steer him away from the utter travesty that is Disney Pooh, I bought him the complete original stories earlier this year. I didn't really expect him to be into them at such an early age — I mean, there are hardly any pictures! — but to my enduring surprise and delight he loves them. He'll sit still, rapt, for entire stories. The book never goes back on the shelf because Waits requests it at almost every sitting, especially if he's feeling sleepy or in need of comfort.

No other book at the same reading level keeps his attention, which goes to show just how much he loves Pooh (and how great a writer Milne really is). And Waits laughs at all the right parts, like when Piglet runs too fast with Eeyore's balloon, or when Pooh jumps into the water with a loud cry of "Honey!" only to discover Piglet's message-in-a-bottle.

Current favorite stories: Piglet is Entirely Surrounded by Water, Eeyore Has a Birthday, Piglet Meets a Heffalump, Winnie the Pooh & Some Bees, Tigger is Unbounced

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World of Winnie-the-Pooh.