Rosita Chiquita Juanita Chihuahua's Reviews > I'm Just Here for More Food: Food x Mixing + Heat = Baking

I'm Just Here for More Food by Alton Brown

Jun 10, 09

Read in June, 2009

Tons of factual baking education going on here, which is great! Serve me up a plate, I'm hungerin'! And clear, with humor that fits in nicely. But: I only tried four recipes, but they weren't home-runs, and there were tricky bits to them that you think Mr.Technique would have given you the heads-up about (Frustrating doughs, laughing so I will not cry). There's a bunch of scientific details in here that don't seem so need-to-know, and thus I dozed off some times. Also, I have heard from several sources (Internet hearsay, which I believe completely) that Alton Brown bears an unhealthy hostility towards fat Americans-- therefore, I can't entirely let down my guard and enjoy the man or his book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm Just Here for More Food.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by H. (new)

H. You should make some reviews or just notes for the books you read. What were the weaknesses of this one?

Rosita Chiquita Juanita Chihuahua ok i guess so but I'm super bad at writing reviews. I write them like a self-conscious, dull 11 year old. Enjoy!