Brooke's Reviews > Lessons from a Dead Girl

Lessons from a Dead Girl by Jo Knowles

May 07, 09

Read in July, 2008

Lessons from a Dead Girl is a suspenseful story that kept me on edge the whole time. I never felt relaxed even after the last page was turned, and the book was tucked away on my shelf. It shows how kids that are abused at a young age can turn around and abuse other kids. The main character, Laine, has to go through her life wondering if she's as messed up as she feels. All because her best friend, Leah, abused her at a young age and continued to do so through-out high school. This isn't a happy read at all. Although there are some glimpses of Laine having moments where I thought she would pull through; these moments are usually ruined by the Leah.

This is a very emotional story that sucks you in and doesn't let you go. My heart ached for Laine's situation. I also felt anger towards Leah, even though her story is just as heart breaking as Laines. This is a great read, and I can't wait to see what Jo Knowles turns out next.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lessons from a Dead Girl.