Katie's Reviews > Shiver

1928123
Aug 07, 09

bookshelves: own, favorite
Read in July, 2009

Grace's friends and family have never truly understood her. They can't understand the feelings she has for the wolves that live in the woods behind her house, especially not the connection she has for one wolf in particular--her wolf.

Her friends believe she is too caught up in the wolves behind her house and not enough in the people in her school. She just doesn't seem to understand that she should be associating with humans and not animals. What she doesn't know is that the wolves are human, at least for part of the year.

When things start to go bad and the wolves seem to be in danger, Sam shows up and Grace immediately knows who he is. What she doesn't know is how it works and how long he will remain human, and with her.

Can Grace and Sam find a way to be together, forever and always? Can the wolves find a way to let Sam go or will they try to stop his relationship, in any way they can?

OMG, this is just an amazing book! One of the best books I have read in a while and I was just shocked at how much this book enthralled me. I couldn't put it down and now that it's over I just want more. It is just that kind of book.

Shiver was just the perfect beginning to what I expect will be one of the best trilogies I will ever read. Sam and Grace were just such great, lovable characters. I am also more than willing to admit that I would love a Sam of my own. He just seems so sweet and perfect. I honestly can't think of one bad thing to say about Shiver. It made me laugh, cry, and hold my breath till I knew what would happen. The only thing I can't think that made me mad was that it ended and I have to wait a whole year for the next book.

I am terribly sad to say that I have never read anything by Maggie Stiefvater before this but I am extremely happy to say that I plan on remedying that very soon. Shiver was an amazingly well-written book that I plan on re-reading many times over the years. I can't wait for the sequel, Linger and I plan on reading her other YA book, Lament, as soon as I can. If you haven't read anything by Maggie Stiefvater yet, what are you waiting for? Run, don't walk, to the nearest bookstore, library, or a friend's bookshelf until you find one of her books!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.

Quotes Katie Liked

Maggie Stiefvater
“If that moment had been a real thing, it would've been a butterfly, flapping and fluttering toward the sun.”
Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver

Maggie Stiefvater
“right in this moment, I can´t even remember what unhappy feels like.”
Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver

07/27/2009 page 12
07/27/2009 page 226
57.95% "Wow this is such an amazing book. I am loving it so far!"
07/27/2009 page 295
75.64% "Gosh this book is so hard to put down. I just want to keep reading it all night."
show 5 hidden updates…