Jeremy Kohlman's Reviews > The Claw of the Conciliator

2078792
Sep 01, 10

bookshelves: easton-press-owned, own, fantasy
Read from June 08 to September 01, 2010

It's hard to know what to say about this book. Which is probably a bad thing. I like the idea of it, but can't say that I particularly enjoyed reading it. Wolfe's "Book of the New Sun" series have been quite a frustrating read thus far. It's like you just know there's a really cool story and characters in there somewhere, but the author is keeping it all a secret from the reader, for some reason. I'm now two novels into the series and all I can say for sure is that a bunch of random weird events have happened to the main character that involved a bunch of random weird people. He's on a mission that you can just tell isn't really the impetus of the story, but you can't say what actually IS.

Basically, I like the setting, I like the potential, but by this time I should have SOME clue as to what is going on and where all this is leading. In a word, it's VAGUE.

Yet, in spite of this, I do still intend to read the next book. However, I'm going to take a break first and try some other stories before venturing back into this odd realm of randomness and confusion.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Claw of the Conciliator.

06/08/2010 page 30