Angela's Reviews > Darwin's Radio

Darwin's Radio by Greg Bear

May 15, 09

Read in May, 2009

The story begins in the new Republic of Georgia (Russia), where Dr. Kay Lang is called in to evaluate a mass grave nearby. What she sees there soon becomes controversial enough that the UN is ordered to leave.

Mitch Rafelson is climbing in the mountains with his ex-lover and another man, to seek out a cave they found with ancient mummies. What he finds there will open a controversy wide enough to guarantee his reputation will remain scarred.

Christopher Dicken is a virus hunter for the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). His work for the CDC leads him all over the globe, eventually allowing him to run into Dr. Lang in Georgia. Their brief meeting will soon serve the world, as it searches for an answer to a long dormant question.

I found the book quite interesting, combining my interests in Archaeology, Anthropology, and potential human diseases into one neat story. The story moves along at a quick pace, following three storylines, which eventually converge and join forces. While the ending is a little bit "out there" in thought, the ideas put forth in the story are possibilities. Our world is ever changing, ever evolving. Is it possible that we're just not listening?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darwin's Radio.