Fashiongirlgoldberg's Reviews > Golden

Golden by Cameron Dokey

May 20, 09

Well, I would probably rate this two and a half stars. I was a little disappointed with the ending, especially since I found the beginning fairly enthralling. I was annoyed through out the whole book by the fact that Rapunzel was, get this, completely and totally bald this completely miffed me. And it also bothered me how Rapunzel was just a stepping stone for the whole story. It's all "oh Rapunzel even though your the main character you have a completely pointless part in the whole entire book, and Rue/Rapunzel is basically perfect in every way, gets the handsome prince and his kingdom, etc. while you get, oh boy! the stupid mouthy tinkers boy! It totally bothered me! I have to say, I was very excited when I first started to read the once upon a time series. The first and clearly the best one that I have read is before midnight a retelling of Cinderella. In this one, for once, the main character was pretty and got the prince (thank heavens). Unfortunately all the other ones only seem interested in making the fairy tales totally unrecognizable. I mean come on, I think we all enjoy happy endings where the Princess are beautiful enough(and have hair)and they live happily ever after with their prince, or whatever. not books that end with " and Harry and Susan lived happily ever after" which unfortunately enough is the end of Golden. The book itself wasn't all that bad. But the plot and the characters drove me CRAZY!!!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Golden.