Shawna's Reviews > Ecstasy Unveiled

Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione

Feb 20, 10

bookshelves: larissa-ione, pnr-angeldemon-fae-magic-witch-misc, favorite-romance-series, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, series-demonica-lords-deliverance, tattoos-piercings-body-art, badasses-hunks-in-leather, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, sizable-packages, hero-im-gaga-over, heroine-i-adore, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-antihero-gamma, i-read-own-faves-keepers, best-top-favorites, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, captive-kidnapped-hostage-slave, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, favorites, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-alpha‎, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, hero-celibate-virgin-virginesque, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, humorous-at-times-or-fluffy-fun, pnr-vampires, pnr-weres-cats-wolves-shifters, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, 2010-reads, hero-i-wanna-marry, satisfying-secondary-romance, psychic-special-abilities-powers, apocalypse-postapocalyptic-dystopia, assassin-hitman, best-faves-of-2010, 5-stars-or-higher, hh-warrior, paranormal-romance, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous, hero-brooding, hero-recluse-loner-lonewolf, hero-redeems-himself-reformed, hero-tattalizing
Recommended for: Paranormal romance fans
Read from February 06 to 07, 2010

5+ stars – Paranormal Romance

Reading one of Larissa Ione’s Demonica novels is a naughty good time, like getting a pedicure and going shopping with your best friend on a hooky day from work, eating the best Vosges or Godiva chocolate, getting flirted with at the grocery store by a hot guy when you’re in sweats and wearing no makeup, or having a happy hour with your best gal pals and laughing and talking about men and sex over Mexican martinis. Yep...Ecstasy Unveiled is deliciously wicked fun alright with a hotter-than-sin, demon bad boy hero to drool and die for!

Seminus half-breed demon Lore has been forced to act as an assassin for a powerful, malevolent master, but his latest assignment will be his toughest yet and bring him much too close to home, when he’s tasked with killing a human friend of his newly found demon brothers, who also happens to be a Sentinel guarded by earthbound angel Idess.

Idess is determined to protect her human charge so she can finally earn her wings and ascend to Heaven, and she’s not about to let assassin Lore thwart her mission, even if it means chaining him to her bed and using seduction as a weapon. But when duty and fighting turns to explosive attraction and wicked desire, can an innocent angel and a bad boy demon find common ground and work together, even as passion ignites between them?

Whew boy, did I looove Lore and want some more! He’s a dark, cynical, guilt-ridden, deeply tortured hero who’s lived a life of agonizing pain and brutal violence and been denied intimate human contact due to his gift and curse of causing death by touch, but underneath all that lurks a heart of gold, tarnished though it may be. It just takes a beautiful, sweet, kick-ass Xena-esque warrior angel to unveil his protective, romantic, loyal, and caring nature.

I love all the demon brothers: level-headed and intensely sexy doctor Eidolon, protector with a bondage fetish Shade, and my favorite snarky demon vampire and former playboy Wraith, but I think leather wearing bad boy assassin with a death touch and a soft side Lore just might be my favorite demon hottie of the pack now. Yowza...he’s just so lusciously yummy! Lore and Idess made such a sexy couple and their love scenes were steamy, yet full of vulnerability, emotion, and tenderness.

Ecstasy Unveiled is a tantalizing blend of scorching sensuality, dark, sarcastic humor, wicked hot demons, thrilling action, horrific villains, and captivating romance with a H/H that you’ll fall in love with. Ione is a master of paranormal romance and her spellbinding, imaginative world of the Demonica continues to amaze me with its refreshing creativity, sexy, intriguing, unique characters, dark wit, raw emotion, and powerful eroticism. I just wish I didn’t have to wait so long for Sin Undone to come out! Big 5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ecstasy Unveiled.

Quotes Shawna Liked

Larissa Ione
“What does she look like?" Sin asked.
"Like she'd look good on a mattress."
Sin jammed her fists on her hips. "That tells me nothing, and aren't you mated?"
"I'm also a sex demon. I didn't go blind when I took a mate.”
Larissa Ione, Ecstasy Unveiled

02/06/2010 page 174
43.5% "Larissa...you are a PNR goddess and genius! I'm lovin' Lore and I want some more! :)" 2 comments
02/09/2010 page 400
100.0% "Awesome! Loved it! Review coming later."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (last edited Feb 06, 2010 10:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tracy Hold on to your knickers!! This is a great book!!

MelissaB Shawna - I thought this book was great! This series is so exciting and fun to read.

Lynsey A I'm reading this right now too, Shawna! Such a good book so far!

Shawna I've been trying to hold off a little bit on reading it 'cause I know that I'll devour it and be sad when it's over, but I just couldn't wait any longer! It's already sooo good! It's no wonder why this series is one of my very favorites!

Lynsey A I'm not as far as you and I really want to dive into it but have been busy today. I definitely need to finish it before the weekend is over or I'll never get through my day at work on Monday. :)

I understand devouring the story. I always want to know how it is going to go in the end with her Demonica books but I don't want it to end, all the same!

Shawna It was awesome indeed ladies! :)

message 7: by Rossy (new) - added it

Rossy Ah you're reviews are so great Shawna! I was laughing the whole time while reading this at work.

MelissaB Wow great review Shawna, you described it so well!

The Pleasures Chest Great review Shawna!

message 10: by Rane (new)

Rane Wonderful Review Shawna!

Shawna Rossy wrote: "Ah you're reviews are so great Shawna! I was laughing the whole time while reading this at work."

Thanks, Rossy! Glad to provide some laughs! :)

Shawna The Pleasures Chest wrote: "Great review Shawna!"

Thanks! :)

Shawna MelissaB wrote: "Wow great review Shawna, you described it so well!"

Thanks, Melissa! I wish we didn't have to wait so long for Sin Undone to come out! I need some more of Con!

MelissaB Con was yummy! A vamp and werewolf in one! Double the pleasure!

I thought it was funny when Sin demanded her half of the money.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura Great review! I have never read any of her books, but I see her all the time on Twitter. Would you call this series PNR, UF or erotica?

(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

message 16: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Um ... I'm guessing this one takes the award for most shelves? HaHa!!

message 17: by Lynsey A (last edited Feb 12, 2010 07:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynsey A Oooh, MelissaB, I so laughed at that scene! I thought it was great!

Con is hot and I am counting the days, hours, minutes until Sin Undone is released. :)

Shawna MelissaB wrote: "Con was yummy! A vamp and werewolf in one! Double the pleasure!

I thought it was funny when Sin demanded her half of the money."

Oh yeah! I think we're gonna be in for a real treat with Sin Undone!

Shawna Laura wrote: "Great review! I have never read any of her books, but I see her all the time on Twitter. Would you call this series PNR, UF or erotica?

(Witche..."

I'd say it's definitely PNR because even though there is an ongoing story arc, each book as a main/focus H/H and there is a HEA. They aren't erotica, but they're definitely on the steamy side. I'd equate the heat level with the BDB series. Hope that helps!

Shawna Tammy wrote: "Um ... I'm guessing this one takes the award for most shelves? HaHa!!"

LOL, Tammy! I do love me some shelves! :)

Shawna Rane wrote: "Wonderful Review Shawna!"

Thanks, Rane! *hugs*

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura Thanks, Shawna! One of my Twitter friends saw my comment to you and sent me a tweet saying the same thing...like BDB. ;)

(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

Yz the Whyz Fabulous review, Shawna.

I guess I better move this book up in my list. :)

Shawna Thanks, Yz! Up, up..'cause I bet you'll love it! :)

MK (Food actvist) Great review, Shawna! Doesn't this series just get better and better?

Shawna Kenjii ~*~Black Kat~**~ wrote: "Great review, Shawna! Doesn't this series just get better and better?"

Thanks, Kenjii! Yes it does! I loved Desire Unchained and loooved Wraith in Passion Unleashed, but Lore made me melt! :)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Shawna I love your review and they way you describe this book as a great day love it =)

Shawna Thanks, Cynthia! :)

message 29: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee You make me want to get back to this series--so far I've only read the first one. Somehow I have to make room and work this series in before it gets away from me!

Ally72 Super review...Aren't these books the best? I LOVE this series!!! I can't wait for Sin's book now.
Ally

Shawna Thanks Auntee & Ally! :)