Kristi's Reviews > Ex-mas

Ex-mas by Kate Brian

Oct 22, 09

Read in October, 2009

Three words; cutest thing ever!

I've never read a novel by Kate Brian, which I'm pretty sure is a felony in the YA lit. world. I've never even read any of Kieran's books! For those of you who don't know, Kate Brian is a pen name/pseudonym that author Kieran Scott writes under. (Which is a lot more common than you would think!) Anyway, I've really been looking forward to reading a Kate Brian novel and then when I saw the synopsis for Ex-mas, I knew this was my chance!

This was one of the cutest feel good books I've read in such a long time. And it was just what I was looking for. I've been in this serious-tone-book-mode and I needed something light. Now ordinarily I'd call something like this light and fluffy, but while the overall tone of the story is light, there is some deep elements to the novel too.

Writing was fantastic and simplistic, plot flowed nicely, and characterization was great. It's a little bit on the predictable side, actually it's not a little predictable, it's predictable... period. But it's still really fun to read and watch these two characters. I'm getting those feel good vibes just writing this review and thinking about it!

Definitely recommend this for something cute, fast and fun! Would make an excellent gift for the holidays too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ex-mas.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Emma Thanks for the review ! I received my own copy yesterday and can't wait to start reading it (this afternoon hopefuly ;-).