Luke Burrage's Reviews > Dune

Dune by Frank Herbert

Dec 18, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-on-the-sfbrp, audio-book, paper-book, ebook
read count: 5

Full review on my podcast: SFBRP episode #011.

Epic review of the novel, the German abridged version, the 1984 movie, the audiobook and the board game: SFBRP episode #174.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dune.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Linguana Ooooh, can't wait.
The first Dune book grew on me after reading it. I had some problems with the style and pacing while I was actually reading but in retrospect it was quite awesome! Maybe your review will tempt me to get the audio version as well.

Joel i'm not seeing the last few podcasts on the feed... are they still in the upload queue?

Luke Burrage Hey Joel, I've not recorded them yet! If you listen to the most recent episode in the feed, I mentioned I'm away for 5 weeks on vacation in Africa. The trip ends on Monday. Don't worry, I'll get to reviewing these novels next week.

Martin Noutch Really enjoyed your review after a long holiday from listening - how could I stay away from Dune? I liked your more fluid romp through the story - seeing that you had already done a super job on your first review - and the discussion you both have comparing with Star Wars and the Lynch movie. Def going to look up the board game now! What a totally rocking story it is. Thanks for a very entertaining hour and a half, Luke.

message 5: by molosovsky (new)

molosovsky About the practice of german publishers in the seventies to shorten books: this is not a thing of the past, although the rigidity of this practice got milder. For an extensive comparison of left out pieces in China Miévilles »The Iron Council« from (»Der eiserne Rat«) see my blog post: »Verlohren gegangene Zeilen und Stellen in ›Der Eiserne Rat‹«.