Tori's Reviews > Bad Girls Don't Die

bookshelves: 2009, favorites, paranormal-supernatural, wishlist
Recommended for: EVERYONE.
Read in June, 2009

**kinda spoilish**

Oh. My. Jeebus. Only way to explain this book is UH-MAZING! I would give it 10 stars if I could. I loved it!! Finished it in about 3 hours. I could really relate to Alexis, her dad gives her the same puppy-dog be my friend look that my dad does. My mom works 24/7 too. Except I don't have a sister possessed by a creepy dead girl doll ghost thing. My house also doesn't have doors that close all by themselves or water that boils on an unlit stove. This book is so unlike all the other books with ghosts and what-not in them. It just kept twisting. First it's one thing, then something happens and it's another and I'm geekin' out the whole time. And Carter. Carter is so AWESOME. OMGEEZ. I... I'm trying to come up with a more insightful way to encompass my appreciation of this awesomeness, but I just can't concentrate. I can't stop smiling either. And giggling. I think my face might freeze this way. Katie Alender, you are amazing. Even though I may never look at dolls the same way again. Glad I decided to collect stuffed animals and not dolls.

So really- Hee!

~Tori

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Girls Don't Die.

Quotes Tori Liked

Katie Alender
“That's the pathetic thing about high school. Everyone tries so hard to be something they aren't. It's gotten so I don't know who I am, so how can I even try to be who I am, much less who I'm not?
My problem is that I don't even fit in with the misfits.
I don't fit anywhere.”
Katie Alender, Bad Girls Don't Die

06/25/2009 page 79
22.83% "I really really really like this book so far. I feel the same way about my family half the time and school is almost the same."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cara It's too late for me! I did collect dolls when I was younger but they're all in boxes now, so I'm safe. I hope:0

Tori You may not be!!! RUN! Crap. I do have dolls here. I think they're staying outside tonight.
~Tori

Cara Oh my gosh I laughed so hard! But now I'm like creeped out. Well thanks a lot!

Tori Sowrry. :( Don't be. Just sleep with your eyes open and have a baseball bat nearby. And everything will be fiiiine. *evil smile* Sogni dolci!
~Tori

Cara I know this is gonna sound weird but I actually do sleep with a bat. Courtesy of my sister:) She is kind of paranoid. Tell me when you accomplish sleeping with your eyes open. Virtually impossible. Sweet dreams too. So you did learn something in Italian class;)

Tori Really? Your sister is awesome. That's not weird at all. I have a mag light on my night stand that occasionally stays in my hand when I go to sleep. I'm sorta paranoid too. I lock all the doors in the car before we leave so pirates don't jump in on the highway while we're doing 80. My mom thinks I'm crazy, but #1 in the drivers manual says lock your doors! It's even before buckle up!! Yeah, I actually didn't learn that in class. I looked it up myself. Buona notte (spelling?) Was too boring for me. I almost slept with one eye open once! But then my cat decided to wake me up by trying to stuff his nose up my nose and I woke up.
~Tori

Cara Hey no way! Lock the doors was the first thing! Yes pirates are all over, look over your shoulder periodically I know I see them all the time. I don't think I'm gonna tell my sister you said that. She'll be like telling for days on end how awesome she is.
Too bad your cat ruined it. BTW he's cute:)

Tori Pirates WILL rob you on the highway doing 80. I've seen it before! (no i haven't) How old is your sister? And she is awesome if she gave you a bat. And he may be cute, but he's evil. He's a huge pain in my.. I forget how you say ass in italian and I'm too lazy to move 3 feet to pick up the dictionary. But, yeah. He's annoying.
~Tori

Cara I'll admit I've never seen pirates on the highway but hey nothing is impossible. Aren't all cats suppose to be evil? I have a dog so I wouldn't know.

message 10: by Tori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tori I wish I had a doggy. I wanted one but my mom likes cats more so... You knows who wins. Can't wait to get my own place and get a dog.

message 11: by Ash (new)

Ash Ha!! See Cara, it's not crazy to sleep with a baseball bat. It never hurts to be prepared because you never know when creepy dolls will come to life (although I did almost use it on our dog)! Thank you for saying that I'm awesome Tori! I might just use that mag light idea. And Cara, I don't need to say I'm awesome because my awesomeness just radiates off me. 'Nuff said. (Just in case you didn't catch that I was actually kidding)

message 12: by Tori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tori Haha. No you aren't crazy. So you're Cara's sis? That'd cool. Uh, yeah you should probably watch out for the dog. You're welcome! :) Mag lights are awesome. I haven't had to use it yet, but it's a metal flashlight. They were originally made for cops so they could crack peoples' skulls if they got to violent. Yeah. I'm paranoid. Haha, I can feel it from here. :)

message 13: by Ash (new)

Ash Wow, crack skulls huh? Definitely got to get me one of those. And again thank you!:D

message 14: by Tori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tori Definitly look into it. They're kind of expensive though. :/ You're welcome!

Jasmine SHHH!!! dont spoil it:] im still reading :] :}

message 16: by Tori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tori Agh! I'm sorry! I guess I should have hidden that review, huh? Hope you liked it. :)

message 17: by Muskan (new) - added it

Muskan i loved this book 2 but sorta creeped me out cuze in my room i have a doll that used to belonge 2 my mom i really like this book and highly recomend it 2 every one cant wait for the next book in the series

message 18: by Tori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tori Yeah, I had old dolls too, I know what you're talking about. I'm really excited for the next one too! I can't wait to see what goes on next!

message 19: by Sita (new) - added it

Sita Thanks for the warning. It is so frustrating when people post spoilerish reviews and don't warn you.

Simran loved the book